Attitude is Everything

Monday, June 14, 2010

Baby Boy Sewing

Here are the things that I have made for our baby boy so far. 

I made burp cloths out of all the extra fabric that I have from other projects that I've made!

I made these two swaddling blankets at my moms house, which made it super easy because she has a surger. The robot one is flannel and the other one is knit and super stretchy!
A construction blanket, of course, bound with minkie.
I didn't make this blanket, so that is why it looks professionally made.  My mom made it for me and I love it.  She didn't put any batting inside of it so it isn't super bulky, which will make it nice for the summer time. AND the minky makes it heavy so it will be nice for the fall and winter too! Thank you mom!

These are my favorite clothing item for a newborn baby. They are easy to take off and put on, which means they work great at the doctors office and at night when you have multiple blow-outs or try to change a sleepy baby without waking him up to much. 

My next projects are to refinish an old dresser or finish a new dresser that Rich will build for us, and to make his "official" blankie.  So far we have one for each of the girls, but his has been super hard because Rich wants it to have dirt-bikes on it, and I haven't been able to find any dirtbike material anywhere, except on ebay. I might have to be brave and have to buy some material on there and hope that it is soft and baby smelling!

P.S. If you have any other ideas of what I can make that would be great, because Rich is swamped with homework and this is what I do to entertain myself so that I don't bother him.

2 comments:

Shalie said...

So cute! Look at your talent girl :) Have you picked a name yet? I need your address!!

Ariana said...

oh i can't wait to have your little boy get here! he's going to be so happy in all his new duds and blankets!

Jailyn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Andi

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lauren

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Braken

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers