Bear World was so much fun!!! We drove past bear world everytime we head anywhere south or Rexburg, and we always try to see the bears in the back of the park. So this weekend we decided to fork out the money and go to the park. It was so worth the money.
We arrived at the park at 12:00 and didn't leave until 5:30 when they kicked us out, which was really annoying. Here are some of the pictures from our day-cation. 
This bear looked so soft and cuddly until he yawned and we saw his huge teeth. I would still like to cuddle with him though!
I have always heard that you should never climb a tree if you are being chased by a bear. I totally thought that a bear wouldn't be very graceful and quick climbing a tree, but this bear proved me wrong in a jiffy. He climbed to the top of these trees in less than a second and then just lounged about on top. Needless to say, I will not try to climb a tree if I encounter a large bear.
This is the entrance to the bear world amusement park, petting zoo and gift shop
The girls loved the amusement park rides and Andi especially loved the bumpy race cars. It was similar to the dumbo ride in Disneyland.
We are getting ready to ride the roller coaster and they were a little nervous it!
Lauren was just ready to get her roller coaster on!
The girls had a lot of fun on the roller coaster, look how brave they are.
Daddy & Lauren checking out the bear cubs.
The petting zoo was exactly that...a zoo! There were chickens, goats, turkeys, and deer. The animas were all so tame, but i still got a little nervous around the deer.
Braken enjoying the animals and wishing he had more to eat, he practically starves to death! And yes he is always spitting up, I think it is because he doesn't know when to say enough.
The darn chickens wouldn't let us get close to them.
This Turkey wanted whatever Lauren had in her hand and Lauren didn't want to share.
Lauren loved lovin' the animals. She kept kissing the deer and hugging it
O deer!
Lauren wanted to be a deer for a day, and the deer liked to sniff and try to eat her hair.
I don't think she liked her photo taken. (the deer i mean)
I was nervous that the mama was going to go buck wild on us, but she was super nice and the baby aready eats out of human hands.
Poor Andi wanted to pet the turkeys and chickens more than anything, but the birds just didn't want anything to do with her. We probably spent an hour in the petting zoo and she chased the birds around for at least 45 minutes of the time, with no success.
Keep trying Andi
My gorgeous Ren
She loves to hug all the animals
Poor goat, so many hugs.
I finally decided to help Andi pet a chicken. This was the only one we could corner long enough to pet.
YAY for Andi Lu
by the end of the day we were all tired and the children were acting like bears. (could i be any cheesier?)
O yeah, they also had a duck and fish feeding bridge with some huge trout and a gorgeous swan.
Riding the train, round and round
Daddy taking pictures of us on the train
Riding the crazy cars
One of the 5 white tail bucks that we saw. This little bucky really wanted to tick the bull elk off so he kept approaching the cow elk and then the bull elk would charge at him and scrape his horns in the dirt and bugle and stuff like that to prove he was more studly!
Rich would like to shoot this elk. Did you know that there is only 1 albino bull elk out of every 6 million elk...now you know!
The bears were right by our cars, looking in the windows, chewing on our tires and rubbing up on our hott van. I don't have the close bear pictures right now because they are on Rich's phone, but I will post them when I get them from him. I would definitely recommend going to Bear world if you like getting up close with wildlife, plus an added bonus is, if you come up to bear world you will be close to our house which means you can come visit us!





4 comments:
yay for pictures! That place looks sweet!! We miss you guys! When are you coming to vegas?
wow...a bear park? I need to go...sometimes it is totally worth it to spend the money and enjoy the full experience hey? Maybe for a date night nate and I will actually do something that costs money one of these days. haha
FUN! I've never seen kids love on animals like your girls! Hey we are going to be headed down to UT on Nov. 19, we were thinking of staying a hotel that night (it's friday) and hanging out with you guys on sat. morning! Does this plan work for you?!
Bear world looks way stinkin fun!!! It looks like your girls had a really fun time! Tell your girls they are way cute and I miss them!!!
Post a Comment