I am so so so excited for the Holidays to come, and before they get here I know I will be ready for them to go, but for now I am enjoying them. I love getting together with family and friends. My favorite thing about the Holidays is that Rich has school off and the girls have school off so we are able to slow life down and enjoy our marriage, enjoy our young children who are growing faster than our family, which is very fast. (4 kids in 5 years).
I have been noticing a lot lately that I keep saying "just a minute", "we will later", "not right now", "after i'm finished" etc. And I want to start saying yes, or let's do something now, before they ask me. I want to be a better mama because my kids aren't going to want me for very much longer.
One of favorite family quotes is in Disney's Ratatouille. It is when Amille (Remi's brother), shows up and wants Remi to go be with his family, and Remi is sitting there saying um, i kindof have to (which is what I have been doing to my kids, procrastinating). And Amille says "what do you have ta more than family" I absolutely LOVE that. So I am going to try and remember I need to step back and enjoy my family while I can, because if my kids are anything like I was when I was a teenager they won't want to talk to me and I will definitely not want to talk to them. So my goal for the week is to remember Amille's wise rat words or what do you have ta more than family! Wish me luck
Also I am getting ready to cut/color my hair and need to know what everyone thinks. Should I cut my hair shorter, or just trim it. What color should i dye it? Advice please!
Attitude is Everything
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Holidays and Hair
Posted by richandteri at 11:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Love this post!! I need to do better too!! I know they grow up way too fast and I need to be better and enjoying every moment with my kids!!
I think you should shave your head :)
i need some recent pics in order to give some advice. hmm....but off the top of my head I say I love you platinum blonde. I think you pull that off well. also maybe do not go shorter than shoulder length. xoxoxoxoxo
I totally feel the same way! I have tried lately to do better and just go do things even if I am not in the mood. It does make me feel better. Then again life is so crazy right now we don't even have time for the kids to even play with friends. I just keep saying two more weeks and maybe it will slow down (a little). I hope to see you this Christmas time. We actually will have to hang out too :) Hair wise: do what makes you happy! I say live it up while you can- before you are too old and it would look weird.
fun! I'm excited for the holidays too. I think you should cut it, go crazy :) Can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment