I have the most amazingly talented husband. I always come up with these crazy ideas and draw up little pictures for him and ask him to "please make it for me, please!!! When you have time of course.... Can you do it tomorrow?" :) He always pulls through and makes the little drawing I envision into something so much cooler than I could have ever imagined.
Last Thursday was no different. I drew up a picture of a triple bunk bed to help save some space in our small 3 bedroom apartment. Since we are having...O wait, maybe I need to back up and start at the beginning...
It all started in October when we were deciding if 4 kids was good enough, something I have been trying to figure out for a long, long, long time. One of my biggest fears is not bringing all of the children to this earth that I am supposed to because I am being selfish with my body, our finances or any other reason. I don't want to die and get to the gates and be told that I probably should have had some more kids and that I let someone down. I know that isn't exactly how it works, but in my mind it happens just that way!
Plus, what do I do after there are no more babies?? Get old and become a grandma? That is another crazy thought for me.
So after praying and thinking and persuading Rich (not really) that we should have another baby. In October we decided we were ready to add another little person to our already awesome family.
We had our 20 week ultrasound a couple weeks ago, She was sucking her thumb and wiggling everywhere. We found out that she has a heart defect called an echogenic foci which is a small bright spot in the heart found during the ultrasound. I have heard that it can be a soft marker for Down syndrome, but that the defect itself it virtually harmless to the baby. Also during the ultrasound her heart was sounding perfect and then it dipped drastically a couple of times, which worries me! I have a repeat ultrasound on April 1st and I can't wait to see more of this little girl. So far I have had an ultrasound and everyone of my DR visits, which is different for me, but is really awesome to see how quickly she is growing. They have told me not to worry about any of this stuff right now, but honestly I am terrified of the unknown and it might be driving me a little bit (A LOT) crazy! Regardless of all the craziness I can't wait to meet her and hold her in my arms! She is very active and if I sit down she starts moving!
Which brings me back to the bunk beds. We have 3 bedrooms, 5 kids, and toys and are in need of space. Que Rich. Here are some close-ups of the bunk beds! We let each of the kids pick a design for their side rails and had them paint them themselves, with a little detail work help from mom. They did awesome and I love how it all turned out!
Also Grandpa Dan needs some credit for the bunks because he actually built the top 2 for Rich and Ty when they were little boys. We just revamped them and added on the bottom bunk. So thank you Dan! Rich wants to make the entire thing himself when we move into a house, because he is a perfectionist who wants it to be more custom and perfect.
Here are some more pics of the bunks!
P.S. Ladder to come!





4 comments:
Teri,
Congrats on having another girl! :) And I'll be praying that everything goes well with her and she stays healthy without heart problems! Are you worried?
And nice work on the bunk beds! That's awesome! I bet you love having a handy man always at your side! :)
Congrats my friend! I will be praying that all goes well. You guys are amazing and I am grateful to you for your example and willingness to serve the Lord in all that you do.
And way to go Rich! Those triple decker bunkbeds are amazing!!
A baby?! Hooray! Congratulations!
the bunk beds are seriously awesome!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I hope she will be healthy and well... it sounds like she is super active which I am sure will translate to a very healthy and active baby! :)
The bunk beds look amazing!!!
Post a Comment