Attitude is Everything

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Worst Day Ever!!!

Today I have had my very first "worst mommy moment" and I can't stop crying about it!

Jailyn has been practicing songs, parts for a play, poems, dances, ect. for her preschool Christmas pageant. We have been trying all morning to get a hold of her teacher to make sure that it was at 5:00 tonight, but since we live in Idaho and we have a Utah area code nobody ever answers the phone. After about 15 phone calls-not an exaggeration- I just got ahold of her teacher. The pageant was this morning at 11:00....we missed it. I can't believe that we didn't make it, Jailyn is absolutely devestated. We missed everything she has been practicing so hard for, the play, the dances, the songs(which are most important to me), but we also missed a surprise appearance from Santa Clause himself, no fake beard or stuffed tummies, he is the real deal. He brought gifts to all 55 children and their siblings. Jailyn is the only person who missed, and it is all my fault.

How do I make up for something like this? It isn't something that can be replaced, Jailyn has been bragging about this for 2 weeks...at least, and now it is over and I will never be able to see my beautiful Jailyn perform with her giddy little smile. What a crappy day, I'm so, so, so sorry Jai!

3 comments:

Shalie said...

Oh that is so sad. Obviously they should have announced better what time it was at. Poor Jai. You can video her songs and dances and send them to us to watch, we'd love to see them!

Tacey said...

It happens. Unfortunately. :( I have some of the worst mommy days myself. We totally missed Taylor's best friends birthday party because we got the days mixed up. Talk about tragic. Yes, they will forgive you(or forget) but unfortunately you don't. You will have other wonderful times to make up for it though. Don't be too hard on yourself. Yes, please video her and I am sure everyone would LOVE to watch. She is just too cute. By the way are you guys going to be to the johnson christmas party?? PLEASE COME!!!

Travis and Brittany said...

Aww Teri you are too hard on yourself!! But that is too bad!! Tell Jai to keep practicing her songs and dances because we really want to see them next week! ANyways we cant wait to see you guys!!

Jailyn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Andi

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lauren

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Braken

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers