Attitude is Everything

Friday, June 22, 2012

Home Sweet Tennessee!!

We have officially moved to Tennessee and we love it here so far.  There are definitely some things missing such as furniture, cookware, towels, vacuum, o and of course family and friends! 
Here is how the whole move-thing went down. 
Rich went to Lousiana the last week of April to interview for an Associate Facilities Manager position for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in either Baton Rouge, LA or Nashville, TN.  (Which basically means that any church owned property will be watched over by Rich and his boss and they will make sure it all stays beautiful and functional.  There are 50+ properties including meetinghouses, temples, temple homes, mission homes, etc.) He apparently did really great and they gave him first pick of where he would rather go and so here we are, about an hour South of Nashville in the little town of Spring Hill. 
After Rich accepted the job offer, Rich and I came to Tennessee May 12th to the 17th.  We drove our van to Nashville to stop in Parker, CO to visit our great friends Grant and Shalie Morgan. They have a beautiful home and they are quite the DIYers.  They have been finishing their basement and it looked amazing. 
Also just to brag a bit about Shalie. She has recently lost some weight and looks amazingly sexy and is an inspiration to me. Now I just need to take that inspiration and do something with it!  She also made the most delicious oreo cookies I have ever had and I am going to need the recipe. wink! wink! 
We weren't at the Morgans long when it was time to drive the rest of the way from Parker, Co to Nashville, TN in one day.  My first impression of Tennessee was its roads, since it was to dark to see anything when we arrived I could only judge the state by the smooth well taken care of highways. 
The next morning we woke up to a beautiful, humid, hot jungle of a city.  The magnolia trees were in full bloom and everything looked like a forest of fake greenery.  Over the next few days we drove around with Rich's new amazing boss and got to now the areas a little better.
On the 17th we flew home and left our jungle oasis and minivan to go back to the desert life of Utah. (which is beautiful as well)
The day before we left we spent the entire day with my sisters and Farnsworth parents.  That was the longest and fastest day ever.  I knew I was going to be an emotional wreck when it was time to say goodbye and so the tension just built all day until finally I lost all control of my emotions and had to say see ya soon to my sisters. I love them so much and can't wait to see them soon (Katie next week!!! YAY!)
We packed up the kids on Sunday, May 27th and hoped in the car with my parents who took us to the airport and bid us fairwell.  I tried to keep my emotions in check as we said see-ya becuase I didn't want to kids to be nervous about the airplane or think that we were doing something scary.  I think I did...okay.  Rich was almost as emotional as I was this time he said it was really hard to say see-ya to my parents and that it was finally starting to hit him.  ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!!!  Here are some pictures of our day flying! 
Dallas airport Tram, this kids loved it because we moved really fast and had to hold on tight to the poles.  My girls danced around them and told me they were "pole dancers".  I was so....proud:)
 Waiting for the plane to take off in Dallas.  Braken successfully photo bombed this picture!
 Rich and Lauren getting ready to have a nap and sleep until we get to Nashville.
 When we arrived in Nashville Rich's boss was there with our minivan and a bunch of groceries for us to have.  She is so amazingly generous and always giving to others.  Rich is so blessed to get to learn how to care for the Lords houses from her.
When we went outside for the first time at about 9pm it was about 87 degrees and 75% humidity.  The girls thought they were going to die of heat and kept telling me about it.
For the next 3 weeks we stayed in a variety of hotels in the Franklin/Brentwood/Springhill areas while we searched for a new home.  Here is how the sleeping arrangements worked out for the girls.
 We lived in the swimpools because of the heat and because my kids are like fish.


 One Sunday we went on a walk around a scenic little jogging area.  Here is Mr. B peeking at the river.  I love that he is tiptoeing!
 Sorry you can't see the kids very well.
 We also visit the temple in Franklin a lot because that is where Daddy usually is and we go have lunch with him sometimes.  The temple out here is really small but still beautiful.









 On Saturday we wanted to take the kids somewhere fun to reward them for being so good in the van during the past 2 weeks of driving endlessly looking around at housing.  We went to find a recreational swimming area but decided to go play in the river instead (free).  The river was a blast and we met some really nice people who we exchanged numbers with and plan to hang out with once we get settled. 




That day we found a lot of stuff in the river.  Here is our list:
1 snake
2 live clams
60 golf balls
a gazillion seashells
and lots of minnows!

After searching for a home and not being able to find "the house"  We have decided to rent until we find something we either want to buy or somewhere we want to build.  We have been in our new apartment for a week now and are loving it.  The only thing missing is everything.  We won't get any furniture or any of our stuff until July 1st.  We are excited to sleep on a bed and have toys and movies and games and bikes and anything!!!  Until then we are enjoying the wide open spaces of our apartment and the camping lifestyle it brings and enjoying the swimpool daily.
Lots of love to all of you who love and support us and have made this move easier and enjoyable.  Muah~

1 comments:

Shalie said...

I'm SO glad you are enjoying Tennessee!! You guys are so outgoing, you could live anywhere and be happy! Thanks for the shout out, You are so sweet :) We LOVED having you guys here. I wish we could see more of you and your cute family. What a nice boss to bring you groceries at the airport, wow, I want to work for her!!

Jailyn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Andi

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lauren

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Braken

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers