Attitude is Everything

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Craft Day

Every week during the summer we have a craft day at my house! I am always looking for cheap/free ideas so if you have any for me feel free to leave me your ideas. Here are 2 of the crafts we have made so far this summer.
First we made these super cute piggy banks out of exude bottles, felt, googley eyes, and pipe cleaner. Jailyn's is Pink/White, Andi's is Red/Pink.





Next we made these freakin awesome beach towels. They double as a bag. I love the idea of it and we actually tried them out and I didn't have to bring any extra bags to the beach.This is what they look like when they are all folded up. They have a pocket on the front to hold money and stuff like that.

Here is Jailyn modeling her towel/bag for your viewing pleasure:)


This is what the bags ook like inside. The ends are folded up and sewn into several different pockets that close up with velcro to hold sunscreen, treats, diapers, wipes, and whatever else you like to take to the pool.


And while the girls and I are all at home being safe and having a great time. Rich is at work making his own things like...houses and cut eyes. He got hit in the head with a 2x4 and the cut could have used some stitches but we just crazy glued it shut instead. Aren't we thrifty!


1 comments:

Shalie said...

OUCH! I hope Rich's eye heals up. Those towel bags are a great idea, could you send me the pattern or let me know how to do it?! Thanks babe.

Jailyn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Andi

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lauren

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Braken

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers