Attitude is Everything

Saturday, February 27, 2010

THAT"S SHOCKING

So I know this is a super random post that most people wouldn't mention but I was absolutely shocked!
I am going to tell you about my yearly womens checkup. I went to the Dr's on Wednesday and while they were ...down there the Dr. said "this is strange, your Cervix is dialated, lets do an ultrasound." I was thinking an ultrasound for what? Well when the picture came up, I was immediately SHOCKED!!! There is a baby in my tummy! and not just a little gummy bear baby that you usually see the first ultrasound. This was a real baby with a big head, a spine, a tummy, toes, fingers, arms, facial features and a heart. I am pregnant...again! Due August 2nd. That means I am nearly eighteen weeks.
I'm not stupid, I had realized that I hadn't started my period since I stopped breastfeeding. I called the doctor in January and they said it was normal to not start your period for a while. Then Last week I felt really crampy and kindof gassy (apparently that was the baby moving) and like my round ligaments were stretching, but didn't really believe I was pregnant and especially not half way done!
Anyways, we are very excited, nervous and proud to be parents again. If anyone knows anyone as fertile as I am, I mean getting pregnant while breastfeeding and on birth control, please let me know. I would love to know what their preventative measures are!

6 comments:

R. Jordan & Whitney Layne said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is definitely shocking! Well at least you didn't have to feel the crap of the first trimester. CONGRATS!!

Shalie said...

OH congratulations!! It was 18 weeks, so could they tell what the sex was? Is it another girl, or is it a boy this time?! I can't believe it! Well, at least your pregnancy won't seem as long this time :) Are you guys coming in April?! I would LOVE IT! We are going to UT the end of April to pick up my brother, he is moving up here wiht us for the summer, so just make sure it's not when we're gone :) Love you guys.

Tacey said...

Congratulations!! This is kinda shocking but pretty cool. I am excited for you guys. You guys are really good parents. That is my biggest fear considering Dustin has had a vasectomy and I can't take birth control(just in case) because I am on blood pressure medicine.

Gordon and Robyn said...

:) Congrats! You are one fertile Myrtle ;) I'm excited for you!

Cassie said...

Congrats!! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy... hope it's as easy as the first half!

Travis and Brittany said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I still am laughing over the phone call the other night :) SO when we going mini van shopping

Jailyn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Andi

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lauren

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Braken

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers