Attitude is Everything

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Resolutions! 2011!!

Now that it is February I think it is time to start some resolutions!  I know most of you are thinking that I am late, BUT this year I purposely waited until February.  I always set way to high of goals in December  because of the resolution hype and then I give up on them before January is even over so this year I decided not to even think about it until January.  I have had an entire month to think and here it is my resolutions:

  •   Weigh 10 lbs less than I do right now. So in 2012 I want to weigh 120, and be toned!
  •   Let Rich know he is my #1 priority ALL THE TIME!
  •   Let Jailyn, Andi, Lauren & Braken know that they are my inspiration everyday.
  •   Choose my Attitude, Be Positive.
  •   Be married to a BYU-Idaho GRADUATE! and maybe be off to Graduate school somewhere.
  •   Go on a Farny Family Vacation.
  •   Live the Farny Family Motto which is "Today is the best day ever!"
The last goal is my favorite because on New Years Eve my family and myself were at the local dollar store looking for things to make our New Years Eve great and I the girls were being super awnry, so I told them that they couldn't be sad today because Today is the Best Day Ever!  They loved it and it has stuck ever since.  I read this short story before Christmas and it gave us the inspiration for our family motto:

Today, when I awoke, I suddenly realized that this is the best day of my life, ever!

There were times when I wondered if I would make it to today; but I did! And because I did I'm going to celebrate!

Today, I'm going to celebrate what an unbelievable life I have had so far! the accomplishments, the many blessings, and, yes, even the hardships because they have served to make me stronger.

Today, I will share my excitement for life with other people. I'll make someone smile, I'll go out of my way to perform an unexpected act of kindness for someone who seems down. I'll tell a child how special he is, and I'll tell; someone I love just how deeply I care for her and how much she means to me.

Today is the day I quit worrying about what I don't have and start being grateful for all the wonderful things God has already given me. I'll remember that to worry is just a waste of time because my faith in God and His divine plan ensures everything will be just fine.

And tonight, before I go to bed, I'll go outside and raise my eyes to the heavens. I will stand in awe at the beauty of the stars and the moon. and I will praise God for these magnificent treasures.

As the day ends and I ay my head down on my pillow, I wil thank the Almighty for the best day of my life. And I will thank the Almighty for the best day of my life. And I wil sleep the sleep of a contented child, excited with expectation because I know tomorrow is going to be the best day of my life, ever!!

The Best thing about this family rule is that even though it seems silly and kiddish.  Everyday that I wake up and think today is the best day ever, my attitude automatically changes.  It is amazing how much better life can be if we decide to make it that way!

Here is a picture of our family motto and our family rules!



2 comments:

R. Jordan & Whitney Layne said...

you are such a cute mom!

Shalie said...

That is awesome! Glad you have some really neat goals. I want to be 120! But that will NEVER happen :)

Jailyn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Andi

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lauren

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Braken

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers