Attitude is Everything

Friday, February 18, 2011

WE LOVE THE ER!

On Tuesday morning at 8:30 I ran upstairs to grab something and before I knew it Braken was screaming.  I ran downstairs to see this......

Sorry its so blurry but this is the picture I sent over to the DR's office and to Rich.
Jailyn was holding Braken on the couch when he slipped out of her arms and hit his head on the edge of the coffee table.  I felt bad for Braken but when Jailyn saw what she had done she kept covering her face, collapsing and screaming/crying.  She felt so bad.  So I packed everyone up and went to the ER.  The girls thought it was pretty fun to be at the ER because they have TV!  They got to watch the disney channel and thought that is was awesome.  
When the DR came in he decided to give Braken a few stitches.  I took the girls out to the waiting room so that we wouldn't be distracting the DR.  It was really hard leaving Braken in the room without a parent but I didn't really have a choice  I needed to help with the girls.  
After we got out to the waiting room I heard Braken start screaming.  It was so hard to listen to him cry and know that I couldn't help him at all.  After about 3 minutes of Braken screaming and me praying, Braken was silent for the next 5 minutes.  Then they brought him out.  He was smiling and happy.  The nurse said the he screamed and screamed because they wrapped him really tightly in a blanket so that he coudn't move his arms.  As soon as the DR started the stitches Braken stopped crying and watched the DR sew for about a minute and then Braken fell asleep.  He was so brave and watched over by angels.   
Here he is after we got home from the hospital.  He is doing great!
Here he is today!
After that adventure Rich and I went to play soccer at the new BYU-Idaho center on Wednesday night.  I was going after the ball and accidently kicked a girl really hard right in the shin.  I asked her if she was okay and she said she was.  She must have been lying becuase my foot hurt instantly.  I thought maybe I broke some toes or something small like that unti about 1 am the next morning I couldn't go to sleep because my foot hurt so bad.  Rich took me to the ER at 430 where we met with the same DR the Braken got stitches from.  They took 3 X-rays and told me that I fractured the center of my foot. 
I am really bummed that I hurt my foot because it is nearly impossible to care for 4 children with a busted foot and completely impossible to carry a 7 month old while using crutches.  I am trying to improvise by walking like a awnry pirate with a stub for a foot.  So far, so good.
Rich has been the best care taker.  He is making us dinner, cleaning the house, coming home from his schooling to take the kids to and from school, and he doesn't hesitate to get me whatever I need, no matter what time of day it is.  I truly believe I am married to the best man alive.  He takes such good care of us.  Thank you Richard and thank you ER, I hope we DON'T see you again soon!

3 comments:

Shalie said...

WOW, what an adventurous couple of days! I'm glad Braken is OK, poor baby, and I'm so sorry about your foot, ouch. Yeah, I can't imagine it's easy taking care of four youngsters on crutches. Hope you get better soon!

Travis and Brittany said...

My favoeite part of this post is that you fractured your foot by kicking a girl. That seriously made me laugh! cant wait to see you guys again!

Ariana said...

oh my goodness! your poor foot and Braken's poor eye! I hope you guys are getting better and that you have NO trips to the ER anytime soon!

Jailyn is a very sweet girl and I hope that she isn't traumatized by the incident.

Jailyn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Andi

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lauren

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Braken

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers