Attitude is Everything

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

o yeah...we moved!

I was just thinking that I don't think I have blogged about our move to Clearfield, Utah.  Well we did!  We moved the last week of July.  Leaving Rexburg was really hard.  I loved living there and loved the friends that we left behind.  I made some great friends that I feel like I could call on for anything, tell anything and just be myself around.  They will forever be in my life and always be counted as my best friends. 
We also left a garden behind, which was hard because after tilling, planting, weeding, watering, weeding, watering and weeding the garden was starting to produce.  We left a week before the garden was ready to be picked.  We are hoping to go up and pick some of our pumpkins this weekend, but we will have to see if we have time and money. 
We moved to clearfield, Utah so that Rich could start is internship with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  He is working as a project manager in the church office building.  He is a part of the facility's management team and loves the job and people that he gets to work with.  He is hoping to get a job in the temple and special projects team when he is done with his internship. 
Clearfield has been very different, and good to us.  We live in a neighborhood that is "tough", I can't let my kids play outside like I did in Rexburg, and there is A LOT more violence at school than I am used to.  I have heard this is because there is a lot of transient students, because of Hill Air Force.  Regardless of this, the girls are loving school and making good friends.
Another thing that is a lot different from Rexburg is that we are in a Branch, instead of a Ward.  A ward is just a large group of LDS members that form a extended family of sorts.  A branch is the same except for it is much, much smaller.  We have boundaries that have over 1000 people in it, but we only have about 60-70 LDS members who attend church meetings.  So instead of a bishop we have a branch president.  All of our friends are not LDS here, but are great, loving people.
Rich has a new calling in our branch.  He is the Elders Quorum President and is busy with that.  I just got put in primary, which I love!!!! The kids are so smart and teach me alot every week.
So there you have it! We moved and we are missing our Rexburg friends, but are grateful for the new opportunities that we have in our lives.

p.s.  I have pictures, but our computer fried up and we are trying to get pics and files off of it right now. 
TERI'S ADVICE: save all of your pics in several places, not just 2 because if they both crash in the same week and are not recoverable, you are out on 6 years of life and most of your childrens pics, which are not replaceable.  (We are still trying to get ours back)

1 comments:

Shalie said...

Congrats on the move, but I'm sorry you had to leave friends behind in Rexburg, I know the feeling. That is awesome that Rich is doing his internship with the church. My dad is doing the temple in Honduras right now. I hope Rich can stay working for the church, that would be so awesome for you guys! A branch?? In Utah???? That's crazy! Glad you love your callings!

Jailyn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Andi

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lauren

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Braken

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers