Attitude is Everything

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Whats Christmas???!!!

On Monday night we bundled up all 4 kids and went on a superstore treck to find a nativity set to give to someone as part of our 12 days of Christmas.  We went to Walgreens, Walmart, Kmart, Target, and Shopko.  Each of these stores have ads for Christmas.  They each have the presents, the lights, the trees, the bells, the presents,  the treats and did I mention they have loads of presents.  As we went into each of these stores in search of a decent nativity set, the kids eyes lit up as they saw the gifts, but my heart broke as 4 of these stores don't even carried a nativity set.  And the 2 that did, sold nativities that were not well put together, or chinsy.  As we headed home without a nativity set I thought about an story I had just read in the Friend magazine (and LDS magazine for children).  In it president Uchcorf reminds us that we need to see past all of the glitter of Christmas so that we can see Christ.  He says: 
"We are entering another wonderful Chrsitmas season filled with music and lights, parties and presents.  But the glitter of the season should never dim our sight and prevent us from truly seeing the Prince of Peace in His majesty."
"Let us all make this year's Christmas season a time when we acknowledge the miracle that our Almighty God sent His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to redeem the world!"
I realized that I needed to step back from the gift lists, and Santa Clause so that I can see Christ and remember what Christmas is all about.  Nobody says it better than Linus from Charlie Brown Christmas. 
Merry Christmas!
 

1 comments:

Shalie said...

That is really sad that NONE of those stores had a nativity, and don't you guys live in Ut now?! You'd think UT would have them everywhere!!! We miss you guys! I texted u while we were on our way to UT for Thanksgiving, but I may have the wrong number cause I never heard back from you! We will be there for Easter for Kade's baptism (we're gonna do it in UT cause most of our family is there) so we would LOVE to see you guys then!

Jailyn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Andi

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lauren

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Braken

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers