Attitude is Everything

Thursday, July 22, 2010

INTRODUCING

INTRODUCING MR. BRAKEN!!!
BORN JULY 20TH
 AT 6:57 AM
WEIGHING 7 LBS 14 OZ
LENGTH ALMOST 22 INCHES
This delivery was definitely way different for me.  I woke up at about 4:00 and couldn't sleep through those pesky contractions anymore so I got out of bed and walked around for about 45 minutes and sat in the tub for 15 minutes after that.  Around 5:00 I decided that it was probably the real deal and we should head to the hospital.  So I woke Rich up and had him load up our stuff.  At 5:30 Rich and I were in the van headed to Idaho Falls and the girls were sleeping in their beds under the care of our wonderful neighbors! THANK YOU! 
When we were about half way there I thought a baby was going to come right out or at least hoping that was the case and Rich's hand was probably numb from we squeezing it so tightly. 
We walked into the hospital a little after 6:00 and my contractions were every other minute and super intense.  They took us into our room and checked me.  I was at a 9 and the only thing holding our baby back was the bag of water.  
I think the nurses must have panicked a little because it took them 3 tries to get an IV started which would have been really annoying if I hadn't been in so much pain.  When my DR came I finally decided to have this baby au naturale and I am really glad that I did.  Braken was born at 6:57 and he was perfect, what a perfect start to a perfect day.   
When his sisters got to the hospital they loved him sooo much and were so excited to hold him, love him and be the big sisters.  I am so excited and so blessed to have such wonderful, healthy children and a great husband who loves and supports me.  I couldn't do it without him by my side. 
A big thank you to everyone who has been helping out with the girls and calling to check on Braken and I.

7 comments:

R. Jordan & Whitney Layne said...

congrats!!! we miss you guys!

Shalie said...

Congratulations you guys! Braken is gorgoues :) Love his dark hair! I am so excited for you. YAY Rich, you got your boy!

Ariana said...

i knew you could do it! really wanna meet the little guy!

Gordon and Robyn said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. He looks so sweet :)

Laura said...

You guys make the cutest kids! He is precious! I wish we lived closer so I could snuggle him right up.

Kylee said...

Congrats!! He is so adorable. You are a brave woman Teri! Way to go! What a blessing! I LOVE the story of Andi peeing standing up. That is hilarious!

Kacie Bug said...

He is so stinking adorable!!! I love it when you guys come down cuz I love your little kids! Your family is awesome!

Jailyn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Andi

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lauren

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Braken

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers