Attitude is Everything

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Guess who?

What has blonde hair, blue eyes, a delicious thumb, a cozy brown blanket, can triple his weight and grow 12 inches in one year?  ....... You guessed it ..it's Braken or Mr. B!  I can't believe he is already a year old and how much he has changed.  It all started ast February when I found out that I was pregnant with a 20 week old baby, not a gummy bear! (like what you are supposed to see in the first ultrasound) ...this is what we saw instead!  What a shocker, not only are you pregnant, you only have a few more months to prepare and o yeah its a little boy!  
(Sorry this next part has no paragraphs, because I don't remember any paragraphs/breaks during labor)
After that life was pretty much smooth sailing, baby boy grew in my tummy, tummy got fat, and so did I!... until the night of July 19th, 2010.  Rich and I stayed up late snacking and watching a little hulu entertainment, because I was so uncomfortable and starving.  At about 3 am the next morning I woke up really uncomfortable and could feel something going on down there.  It wasn't excruciating yet, but I knew something was up, so at 4:30 I woke rich up to inform him I needed a ride to Idaho Falls, so that I could have a baby during his finals that were happening today.  We called our neighbors to come watch the girls and left our house at about 5:20.  On the drive to Idaho falls which is about 30 minutes, Rich was the WORST driver I have ever seen.  He was stopping at all of the red lights, going to slow or fast over the speed bumps, and just being a real jerk! When we arrived at the hospital at about 6:00 we started out long walk from the parking lot to the hospital.  It was only about 50 yards to the hospital and 50 yards up a couple flights of stairs to get to the admittance desk.  But it took us about 10 minutes because every minute and a half I stopped to breath, cuss, cry, etc.  When we finally got to the desk the nurses where in slow mode.  After asking a lot of ridiculous questions (name, birthdate, how much pain are you in, etc.) They finally gave me a gown, showed us our room and let me change. They finally decided to check me at 6:30 and all of the sudden a bomb went off in my room, the nurses paniced, told me I was dialated to a 9.5 and ready to have this baby.  I told them "DUH, THAT'S WHAT I WAS TRYING TO TELL YOU!"  While one nurse called the DR.  the other nurse tried to put an IV in 3 times, failing and then the other nurse was also trying to put one in my other arm.  She succeeded but was immediately showered with blood all down her front.  When the Dr got there she said its time to push, no need for drugs, lets do this!  I said umm...no drugs?!?!?!! let's do this thing!  At 6:57 Braken was born and I have never known such pain and joy in my life.
  
Mr. B has grown so much since that day and I can't express my love for this little man.  He lights up my world with his laugh, brightens my day with his smile and warms my heart with his constant hugs and kisses!  He is truly one in a million and any amount of pain was worth it to bring him into our family.  We love you Mr. B and hope you have a great year!

Here are some pictures of his first year - in no particular order!


Braken enjoying his dumptruck birthday cake. 


Braken enjoying his delicious thumb and brown blankie at the zoo.


 Baby Braken - 1 day old
 Braken sticking his tongue out - 3 months old
 Brakens first bath, given by Daddy.

 Brakens first, photographed smile.
 Brakens first fight! only 3 stitches, I think the table won.
 Brakens newborn head and brown hair.
 Rich and Brakens hands 
 Love at first sight! the girls loved him the first day and love him more now!
Andi being the big sister. 5 days old 
 All the cousins, except for Kade (he wasn't born yet)!
 Brakens nature photo!
 Lauren feeding Braken...and succeeding!
 All of Brakens b-day presents, he was a little overwhelmed.

 5 months old
 Brakens first dirtbike adventure.
 Braken loves soft things and sleeping!
 Easter Egg hunting
 Peek-a-boo at the playground!

Andi luvin on mr. b again. 
Brakens famous stink face!
Happy Birthday Braken!  Watch the video and watch how he puts his candle out! Excuse the awesome videoing!

2 comments:

Travis and Brittany said...

Awww he is too cute!! We miss you guys and cant wait to see you again!

Gordon and Robyn said...

I had no idea he came so fast that you had to do it all by yourself no meds! Way to go woman!

Jailyn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Andi

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lauren

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Braken

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers