Last week Andi turned 5! She has loved being 5 and has even told me "back in the day when I was four", or "maybe when I was 4 but not anymore". She has been 5 for less than a week, but to her it has been a long time since she was the tender young age of 4, no she is mature a mature 5 year old.
We all love Andi for her spunk, her random comments and her contagious personality. In our house the saying is "If Andi ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. If mama ain't happy, leave her alone!" Andi is such a light in my life. When I feel the boredom coming on I can always count on Andi to make my life exciting. She is the best example of living life to the fullest and holding nothing back. She is a great example not being judgmental and of seeing all people as a brother or sister and a child of God. If I can be half of what she is as a 5-year-old when I die I will be proud of my accomplishments in life.
As always we never have one party so get ready for Andi's Birthweek!
Opening a Minnie Mouse shirt!
Yay for RIO!
Andi got new bedding and she loved it!
She was super excited and she could hardly hold still for a picture.
We had little piggy ice creams for her birthday cake.
On Friday night we had a birthday party with Colby, Christie, Nykells & Kacie! It was a lot of fun and we didn't even eat very much because we brought hot dog buns, cookies, and drinks. They brought 5 hotdogs, marshmallows and chips. Its not very often you go camping and don't have enough food to go around. It was a lot of fun and very memorable!
Andi, thanking Nykelle for the gifts.
Andi wearing the gorgeous necklace that Nykelle made for her.
Saturday Morning we went to cheer on Grandpa Dan at the Top of Utah Half Marathon. He did great with a time of 1:34, finishing 4th in his age group.
Then we rushed back to paradise to get ready for the "friends pirate birthday party". I am so grateful that Katie came to help me out at the party, I couldn't have done it without her.
Opening up the presents was very exciting as you can see on Andi's face.
Andi got spoiled at the party and got everything you could imagine. A dinosaur puzzle, an apron, crayons, whoopee cushion, and more!
Here is there pirate lunch that we served with pirates blood (red cool-aid)
They enjoyed the octopus and Pirates blood. We sent them all home with their tiki cups and a pirate sword.
Then we packed up and got ready to go to Dan and Angies for the Family Pool Party!
We had delicious taco salad with eye balls. Thanks Angie and Katie for helping me make these.
My mom made this awesome watermelon convertible filled with fruit.
O yeah and about the broken nose! On Friday right before Rich got home from work Andi was making a "hunt" (in Andi slang) or a hut in the living room. She slipped when she was putting a blanket on the table and smaked her face on the edge of the table. Poor thing was bleeding everywhere. She even had blood coming out of the side of her nose.
This picture is after we had been cleaning her up for about 5 minutes. The blood just kept comin and so did the tears. :(
Now she has 2 gorgeous black eyes, a bruised cheek and a green nose. It is healing quickly and still looks mostly straight which is great. Hopefully we won't have to go to the ENT DR anytime soon.
Happy Birthday Andi!!! We love and and hope you have a great year!























1 comments:
Happy birthday Andi!! She is so cute! That is awesome that Dan did the TOU 1/2, I want to do that next year! poor little nose, I'm glad it's healing straight, but still, OUCH!
Post a Comment